About The Position
Fabric (Formerly known as CommonSense Robotics) is looking for a Technology Integration Engineer to join our Professional Services team in New York.
What you will do
Under general supervision, you will possess technical competence in Fabric’s robotics systems and the ability to integrate various robotic technologies and to resolve or guide others through advanced systems problem resolution.
You will be part of the experienced professional services team tasked with deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading computer based advanced robotic systems.
You will provide constant feedback to the R&D in order to improve system robustness and reliability as well as to enrich the next version of the product with field experience.
How you will do it
The Technology Integration Engineer is part of the professional service team and will collaborate with professional services system engineers, field engineers and Software R&D engineers, to share knowledge and best practices, as well as writing requirements that will improve system robustness, reliability and maintainability of Fabric’s advanced robotic system.
- You will lead from end to end the deployment flow of the company’s automatic warehouse solution which includes servers, racks, switches, routers, radios, VPNs, terminals as well as the robotic system components.
- You will monitor the site to ensure optimal uptime. The Technology Integration position requires a multidisciplinary problem solving on-site or remotely from the SOC (System operation center).
- You will build the foundation for the future maintenance and support team, guide and mentor others TIE on how to resolve problems and keep the system up and running.
- You will adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- You will communicate with the professional services team management upon arrival during work and before leaving the work site.
- You will monitor and verify the system to meet the operational requirements as planned. Report problems or changes to the Professional Services team.
- You will support system engineers, provide onsite product support, installation expertise, ensure best practices are followed and understood and product engineering challenges are resolved with excellent technical competence relating to IT, automation and general engineering practices.
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years’ of experience required in an integration technical role in a multidisciplinary environment. ‘Hands-on’ approach is a must.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Linux - Ubuntu server.
- Proven experience with design and implementation of networks topology (LAN, WAN).
- Proven experience with enterprise networking equipment such as: Firewalls, Switches, Access-points. Experience Including configuration and maintenance.
- Demonstrated high level of Technical troubleshooting as well as debugging skills, log analysing, and database handling.
- Practical experience with enterprise server hardware (HP, Dell), database structures, network configuration and analysis.
- Proven experience with Ansible deployment tool.
- Ability to act and lead independently and to coordinate the work of others on a job site, explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Ability to multitask and work excessive hours and to meet extreme deadlines as needed.
- Team player with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to write technical tickets and detailed field notes, work with R&D to identify system bugs and recovery methods.
- Engineering/practical engineering degree or equivalent industrial experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Travel is required.
You will stand out as a candidate if you have
- Team leading experience
- US Passport holder for international business trips
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, laptop. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Fabric (Formerly known as CommonSense Robotics)
Fabric is a logistics platform that makes on-demand e-commerce possible, profitable, and sustainable for retailers while powering every retailer’s unique offering. The company builds multi-tenant and private networks of automated Micro-Fulfillment Centers that make on-demand e-commerce profitable by locating automation physically close to end-customers. Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s unique purpose-built proprietary solution enables cloud-like elasticity for retailers, enabling them total flexibility to build a custom solution based on their unique inventory level, desired reach, and opex and capex requirements, expanding and flexing as their needs change.The company’s solution has been deployed commercially since 2018 and is production-proven. With offices in Tel Aviv and New York, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations. Founded in 2015, Fabric is backed by the top-tier venture capitalists Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground.
In the news: