About The Position
Fabric is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Professional Services team in New York.
What you will do
Under general supervision, you will possess technical competence in Fabric’s robotics systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through advanced systems problem resolution. You will perform commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of different robotic systems.
You will lead from end to end the deployment flow of the company’s automatic warehouse solution, and multidisciplinary problem-solving. You will provide solutions to system problems by troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
You will provide a constant feedback to the R&D team in order to improve system robustness and reliability as well as to enrich the next version of the product with field experience.
How you will do it
The Field Service Engineer is part of the professional services team and will collaborate with professional services system engineers, NPI engineers, and R&D engineers, to share knowledge and best practices.
- You will be writing requirements that will improve system robustness, reliability, and maintainability of Fabric’s advanced robotic system.
- You will be the onsite focal point for the technical performance of the robotic system.
- You will provide onsite support and 2nd tier troubleshooting and perform site-specific training for the company.
- You will adhere to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- You will monitor and verify the system to meet the operational requirements as planned.
- You will report problems or changes to the professional services team.
- You will support the System Engineers, provide onsite product support and installation expertise, and ensure best practices are followed and understood and product engineering challenges are resolved with excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering.
- You may mentor other Field Service Engineers on tools, problems, and technology and serve as a professional services technical resource, as well as assist the sales team in the development of cost estimates for complex projects.
What we’re looking for
- 4 years’ experience required in a field technical role in a multidisciplinary environment. “Hands-on” approach is a must.
- Experience within the electro-mechanical industry with basic knowledge and understanding of robotic systems, database structures, network configuration, and analysis.
- High level of technical troubleshooting mechanically as well as debugging skills.
- Able to act and lead independently and to coordinate the work of others on a job site and explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Team player with excellent presentation and communication skills. Able to write technical specifications and detailed field notes, work with R&D to identify system bugs and workarounds.
- Engineering/practical engineering degree or equivalent industrial experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Travel is required
You will stand out as a candidate if you have
- Team leading experience
- Electronics or mechanical certification from an accredited technical school.
- US Passport holder for international business trips
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, laptop. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Fabric (Formerly known as CommonSense Robotics)
Fabric is a logistics platform that makes on-demand e-commerce possible, profitable, and sustainable for retailers while powering every retailer’s unique offering. The company builds multi-tenant and private networks of automated Micro-Fulfillment Centers that make on-demand e-commerce profitable by locating automation physically close to end-customers. Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s unique purpose-built proprietary solution enables cloud-like elasticity for retailers, enabling them total flexibility to build a custom solution based on their unique inventory level, desired reach, and opex and capex requirements, expanding and flexing as their needs change.The company’s solution has been deployed commercially since 2018 and is production-proven. With offices in Tel Aviv and New York, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations. Founded in 2015, Fabric is backed by the top-tier venture capitalists Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground.
In the news: