About The Position
Ever ordered something online and had to wait days or even weeks for it? We’re here to put an end to that…with robots! In a sea of ad-tech, cyber, and more of the same, we’re not just another boring SaaS platform. Yes, Fabric is a software and robotics company, but that’s not the coolest thing about us; we’re here to solve real-world problems that you care about as a consumer and will find fascinating as a developer.
We’re on a mission to enable fast and profitable e-commerce fulfillment through a revolutionary concept called micro-fulfillment. Our engineers are solving complex problems in the areas of control, robot movement, stock management and prediction, image processing and much more. All that to make our micro-fulfillment centers (MFCs) fast, small, efficient, and optimized. We’re already serving the likes of "Rami Levy" and "Super-Pharm" here in Israel, and we just received a mega funding round of $110M, making us the best funded player in the space. Now is the perfect time to join us, tackle the hard stuff and help scale our solution.
We’re looking for a brilliant Senior Back end Team Leader to join our growing R&D team. This is an amazing opportunity to join one of Israel's most promising startups [link] and make an immediate and real impact on the future of our product (and the world).
Our Stack: Python, PostgreSQL, mongoDB, React.JS, Redux, node.js, Elastic Search, Docker, AWS, Mac/Linux
- Write code that moves robots, enabling them to fulfill an online grocery order in 5 minutes or less
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and core modules from end-to-end
- Work closely with the Product team and a small team of experienced and highly talented developers
Your experience & skills:
- 5-10 years of software development experience with an object oriented language (Java, C++, C#, Python, etc.)
- Experience designing and developing complex, distributed systems
- At least 1-2 years experience with Python
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment (development and runtime)
Fabric is a logistics platform that makes on-demand e-commerce possible, profitable, and sustainable for retailers while powering every retailer’s unique offering. The company builds multi-tenant and private networks of automated Micro-Fulfillment Centers that make on-demand e-commerce profitable by locating automation physically close to end-customers.Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s unique purpose-built proprietary solution enables cloud-like elasticity for retailers, enabling them total flexibility to build a custom solution based on their unique inventory level, desired reach, and opex and capex requirements, expanding and flexing as their needs change.The company’s solution has been deployed commercially since 2018 and is production-proven. With offices in Tel Aviv and New York, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations. Founded in 2015, Fabric is backed by the top-tier venture capitalists Innovation Endeavors, Aleph, and Playground.
In the news: